LYNN ANDERSON -
HER NEWEST GOSPEL ALBUM IS RACING UP THE CHARTS
WE HAVE HER STORY AND INTERVIEW FOR THE FANS !
Lynn Anderson - Born in 1947 - Grand Forks North Dakota , raised in California.
As a teenager - Lynn's mother wrote a song and gave it to Merle Haggard - it went to number 10 on the charts.
Lynn's mother was also a solo artist on RCA Records , and would bring Lynn into the studios.
That song propelled her to sing with her mother's friends like Freddie Hart and Merle Haggard.
She started her career in 1966 as a country singer with her first big country hit - "Ride, Ride, Ride".
Before the hit , as a teenager - Miss.Anderson won over 700 trophies at the horse shows with her talents.
Since then she has won country music fans hearts and also many multiple awards - Let's read on !
This list of achievements belong solely to Mrs. Anderson.
* 12 No.1 Hits, 18 Top-10 Hits, and more than 50 Top-40 hits.
* "Top Female Vocalist" by the Academy of Country Music - Two times !
* "Female Vocalist of the Year" by the Country Music Association.
* "Grammy Award Winner" (earning seven nominations).
* "People's Choice Award" and "American Music Award".
* "People's Choice Award" - "Artist of the Decade" (1970–1980).
In 1974 , she was the first female country artist to win the "American Music Award" , first to headline Madison Square Gardens , first to sell out Madison Square Gardens in the same year. Her biggest selling hit - "Rose Garden" remains today - one of the best selling cross-over hits of all time. Additional note - "Rose Garden" has been listed as one of top 100 greatest country hits of all time by music industry representatives.
She has performed Worldwide for many audiences - onstage and on T.V. -
* The Tonight Show * The Dean Martin Show * Bob Hope Specials * Starsky & Hutch , and many more .
* She had her o wn T.V. Special - with special guest "Tina Turner" - along with others.
* She also played at Ford Theater with President Jimmy Carter .
* She was also in the BBC Scotland TV drama The Wreck on the Highway
* American Rose Society created a hybrid tea rose and named it the "Lynn Anderson"
* She was inducted into the "North American Country Music Association's International Hall of Fame".
* Voted #29 of the Top 40 Female Country Singers of all time.
Earlier this year, Anderson signed with Center Sound Records to release a new country gospel album, Bridges .
The new 2015 album, features a gospel version of " Drift Away ", with new lyrics by the writer. The album was released on June 9, 2015 . Ly nn Anderson is still actively touring throughout the United States and Canada.
Our magazine would like to thank Mrs. Anderson for 3 quick questions for our fans -
Your new album "Bridges" is getting a lot of requests from the fans of good ole country gospel , -
How does it feel to be seen as this years Grammy Nominee for best Country Gospel Album ?
Answer - "I am very honored that the fans and industry has enjoyed it as much as I have".
The song "Drift Away" is really bringing the fans back , was it your idea to record it for this album ?
Answer - "Actually, it has been a favorite for so long , I was glad I was able to record it this year".
The fans have enjoyed your music for so many years - we want you to know how much we love you -
Everybody is grabbing the new CD - Any last words for the fans ?
Answer - "Enjoy the moments God has given us - and thank you all - my dearest fans"
Thank you for the interview , we enjoyed speaking with you - we'll see your new CD on the charts !
* Fans can download your new album online - and see her current news on Facebook !
Thank you fans for asking about Lynn Anderson -
Leon Jonjock - your "insider" on what's happening in music news today.
*** NEWS UPDATE ***
This was Mrs. Anderson's Last Interview - 07/29/2015
She passed away peacefully 07/30/2015
I am blessed to be the last one to interview her -
I met her backstage in 1979 at her sold out show in Jacksonville Florida
She came and sat next to me and talked to me as the band started playing her intro's -
Then she squeezed my little hands and said goodbye, ...as she started her show.
That moment meant so much to me -
God Bless you Mrs. Anderson -
Love Always , your dedicated fan -